APC Forum

Happy Rockets

Sparx88

Still working on em :) Here's a couple done couple days ago. I got the 7/16" rockets worked out for the most part, still have more on the way with different headers and such, I'll keep yall posted on that. As well I moved up into 5/8 rockets and I think I found the ones I'll make most of.

The first video is the first actual test of a 5/8 rocket with small report, it went well. Recovered it and was happy to see the inside was'nt all burned up, so it got a second flight:) Just cleaned it out and the tools still fit nice so I repeated what I did and decided it needed a payload. Had a 2" laying at the bottom of the box from almost 2 years ago, I could'nt believe I actually made one as ugly as that one is, with printer paper! lol Well it's in pyro heaven now :P The second video shows what happened with that. The 5/8 pack a punch!

The last video is one of the 2 7/16 in the picture. The sunrise yellow. The other was hardt green #5 and broke right but I did'nt make sure the camera was still recording, and it was'nt so missed out on the green. But here's the yellow :) Broke out the ends so spiking is in order on the next one's I think.

post-18732-0-91358100-1432251217_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nQZOe6zwA

post-18732-0-79318400-1432251339_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxGzsO5QpkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FstM6VslHb0

• Like 1

Very nice! I like day time shows. :)

Thank you for the thumbs up yall. I'm getting the rocket bug I think I might need to post in the rocketry forum. Firing shells from guns is my main interest but doing it with rocket power is becoming quite addicting. I'm just going to stay with bp motors for lifting 2 to 3" shells though. I don't have any shells made yet I'll just have to do them as I go. Maybe a couple cylinder shells next again. Edited by Sparx88

Thank you for the thumbs up yall. I'm getting the rocket bug I think I might need to post in the rocketry forum. Firing shells from guns is my main interest but doing it with rocket power is becoming quite addicting. I'm just going to stay with bp motors for lifting 2 to 3" shells though. I don't have any shells made yet I'll just have to do them as I go. Maybe a couple cylinder shells next again.

While I do find shells have an important place in displays and I do enjoy a good barrage of silver streamer shells or some long hanging glitter shells, my favourite way to get single shells in the air is a nice rocket! Especially in the back yard!

Welcome to Rocket Addicts Anonymous!

I shoot 5/8 x 3" all the time. They lift well and really leave the pad!!

Glad to see someone else uses wood spindles. I use them all the time until I get the right size for the tubes I'm using...then aluminum!

The tubes I have are very hard...recovered several and reloaded up to five times before they are burned out...

It's all about having fun!!