APC Forum

4" N1 Glitter (with small stars)

braddsn

Here is a 4" N-1 Glitter shell I shot tonight. Stars are too small, but will be perfect in a 3" shell. This is the first N-1 shell I have made, and the stars burned faster than I thought they would. So yes, the break is small, but I got 100% ignition, which was my primary goal. The next 4" N-1 video I post should have a much bigger break. This break was boosted with slow flash.

LOL, how much lift?? Haha, that thing went sky high!!

Nice shell anyways, but would prefer to see it a bit lower.. ^^

Edit: Oh, flipping my phone made it look different.. Still a bit high IMO, but a nice shell anyway. What size stars?

Edited by enanthate

Enanthate, LOL... yeah it did go a little high. I was experimenting with lift along with doing the ignition test. I used 15% lift for this baby instead of the normal 10% to see what happened. 15% way too much. :) :) The lift literally shook the ground! I was shocked at how much difference 5% made!

Wiley, that is not D1, it is N1. N1 is a version of D1 but with a longer hanging tail and deeper color. You should try it, you will never go back to D1 if you do! :)

Wiley you don't need Antimony. N1 is: KNO3-51, Sulfur – 15, Charcoal – 10, Aluminum – 8 (-325), Sodium Bicarb – 12,

Dextrin – 4

:D

Oh gosh, two consecutive brain farts! I now see that I was thinking of the Gold Twinkler formula in one of those Skylighter tutorials. That one contains antimony.

And N1 is indeed a very nice looking star. I'll make a batch of it, even though my aluminum is a bit fine (-425 mesh from eBay).

Your Aluminum will work fine, no probs. N-1 is really awesome in person, the vid doesn't do it justice. D-1 was my first love, but once I saw N-1 I switched to it.