APC Forum

I wish I lived in America

Davidg1

Shut up. I pay british prices for all chems, and add £11 shipping pr 900grams.

So I take it you do not agree that the situation in Europe is ridiculous. I can buy cakes with 500g NEQ legally but cannot legally make and use that amount. Where in the world is that not ludicrous? Edited by Davidg1

Contrary to popular belief on this board, it is not legal for just anyone to make fireworks in most places in the U.S. without the proper license. Federally it is legal for personal use, but most States and local jurisdictions have more strict laws. Furthermore, the use of non-consumer pyro (includes ANYTHING you make) is also restricted in most places and permits are required for legal discharge. Like ddewees posted, just because you can buy it does not mean you can make it.

• Like 1

Nater has got a point. Legally, we all face some challenges. Some more than others.

But when it comes to chemicals' prices and availability in the US, it is absolutely unbeatable.

Nater has got a point. Legally, we all face some challenges. Some more than others.

But when it comes to chemicals' prices and availability in the US, it is absolutely unbeatable.

China

China

+1. Good one.

But for all in all the US is one of the best places to be.

Btw. With 100 g NEQ i would vouch for a 3" ring shell on a 4 oz. Whistle.

Contrary to popular belief on this board, it is not legal for just anyone to make fireworks in most places in the U.S. without the proper license. Federally it is legal for personal use, but most States and local jurisdictions have more strict laws. Furthermore, the use of non-consumer pyro (includes ANYTHING you make) is also restricted in most places and permits are required for legal discharge. Like ddewees posted, just because you can buy it does not mean you can make it.

Yes I know. However,the licencing there is a lot more sensible than England. To make up to 100g of bp we need to be licenced. Getting that licence is another matter and is nigh on impossible. I know of only two pyros here that have that in a population of 60 million. I know of three cases where an application went in over a year ago and nothing has happened. No refusal but no allowances either. That,imo;absolutely stinks.

We have localities who will refuse to issue licenses. A neighboring state has had a moratorium on firework permits for years and never meets to discuss lifting it. Other towns have fire chiefs who refuse any license or permits related to fireworks without considerstion. This even includes permits to display commercial fireworks for a public or private event.

I admit it is easier here, thanks to the network of regional clubs and the PGI, but it is not something taken for granted.

I would agree the USA is the greatest country in the world! In my experience, stay on peoples good sides, respect your neighbors, and you can do just about anything. Certain fireworks are technically illegal, but 9 out of 10 americans are shootin em on the 4th. I can make aerial shells of any size and shoot them until my heart's content. In fact, a few of the local law enforcement folks will be attending my 4th of july display. :) and they like to text me when they are on duty and see my shells all the way from town. hehe. But like anything else, abuse your freedom and it can bite you. I rode around on my atv and visited all of my neighbors before I started building shells. I wanted them to know what was up, and make sure it wouldn't be a bother. I respect them and never shoot late at night. A good way to get shut down quick would be to piss a neighbor off. As far as access to chems, I can't think of anything I can't order! God bless the USA! :)