APC Forum

kclo4 over boarder

insutama

Would I be aloud to take a couple Poundo of kclo4 over a boarder crossing from the states to canada does anyone know ?

jake, a couple pounds might hurt a bit...

Edited by gregh

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/explosives/restricted-components/9981

Restricted Components

The Explosives Regulatory Division (ERD) is responsible for administering Canadas Explosive Act and its regulations. Amendment to the Act contained in the Public Safety Act, 2002 included regulation-making provisions for the security of restricted components of explosives.

If you manufacture, import, export, purchase, provide, distribute for sale, transport or sell products containing or made from any of the following ten (10) Restricted Components, you must comply with Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013.

Ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen

Hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of at least 30%

Nitric acid at a concentration of at least 75%

Nitromethane, UN number 1261

Potassium chlorate, UN number 1485

Potassium perchlorate, UN number 1489

Sodium chlorate in solid form, UN number 1495

Potassium nitrate, UN number 1486

Sodium nitrate in solid form, UN number 1498

Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate mixture, UN number 1499

The Division encourages all affected stakeholders to review Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013.

Date Modified:2014-04-11

Here is the link it's far too long to post

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2013-211/page-134.html#h-170

Long story short, NO.

Edited by hillbillyreefer

That weird because I have had no problem getting kno3 shipped to canada and it made it past customs

Looks like its gonna be a sore bum if you want perc.... :P

Edited by gregh

They don't check every package, but eventually they'll catch it.

I doubt there would be any major repercussions on your end. They'd seize it and send you a letter telling you not to do it again.

That is an assumption though, you are breaking the law and there are penalties associated with importing oxidizers without the proper paper.

You are in BC, wouldn't it be easier just to go to the local hydroponics shop and buy some kno3? I realize that doesn't help with your perchlorate situation.

ps. Did you get your fuse?

Edited by hillbillyreefer

yes i got my fuse :) and i already have 25kg of kno3 basically all i need now is perc so i can make colored stars

You're well on your way! I wish I could help you out with the perc but I can't. Have fun playing around with what you have!

Keep reading Swede's blog and WSM's posts about making chlorate and perchlorate. It's really not difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i got my fuse :) and i already have 25kg of kno3 basically all i need now is perc so i can make colored stars

You're propably better of making it yourself.

That is "less" illegal than smuggling.

thanks for all the replys guys i would love to learn how to make it one day sounds like it would be very rewarding but that will have to wait. but one of my packages made it so ill be set for awhile thanks guys