APC Forum

Attempting My first Star Mine - Questions

stix

glitters are perfect stars to play around with! This is just one formula. There are so many, they can all be altered to your desires. Try and test! It's a lot of fun. This is why glitter became my favorite star. Enough room to play! Winokur's 40 glitter formulae is a great source of info.

EDIT: i forgot. With this particular glitter star it might be interesting to experiment with lighter and faster charcoals. Because the spritzels are rather large and few, they take a lot of time to pop into existence if at all. My tests with heavier charcoals where not so successful. Combinations of mainly light charcoals and little heavy charcoal gave interesting results though. Have fun.

Edited by spitfire

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that a simple, cheap, and quick substitute for a top disc is to load the mine then insert a bit of tissue paper, then fill with common baking flour to 1.5 > 3 tube I.D. Tap a bit to consolidate the flour, and if you are lucky the result will be a bit of a cremora effect as well as a much louder report. Too much flour may blow out the tube, as tube strength/BP lift burn rate/weight of stars.... all come into play here. "Load and confine light, come out of the experiment right" is my motto.