APC Forum

Go-getter tubes

Nessalco

So, now I've got 1000 of Dag's go-getter tubes. What do folks recommend for the bulkhead end? Bentonite, a plug, glued-on disk, or what? I've not built go-getters before, and Ned's tutorial used larger tubes with spun-closed ends.

Kevin O

Edited by Nessalco

I'm using 5/8" thin wadding taped on a 9/16" tube with a 1/16" wall. Dont know if it will work but i'm going to try it. Edited by dynomike1

I don't think it needs to do much more than keep comp in when loading and keep fire out when firing. I would be inclined to try a piece of paper tape since that would be about the quickest way to close them.

Ned's tut shows him using end cups glued into place.

I have glued a lot of end plugs in place and it can take a long time if you need a lot of tubes. If you don't need the strength I would go with whats quick.

You can get hole punches from craft store in different sizes and make discs out of cereal box. You could put an end disk on and then paper tape if you want more strength or just glue them on with no tape. You can also make your own end plugs by pushing them into a tube the same inside diameter that you need to plug. You can rig another tube or tape etc to outside of tube to center the disc. With something to center the disc you can crank out a bunch of end plugs while watching tv without needing to pay much attention to what your doing.

Some sort of light end plug or disk works fine, just enough to keep comp from squeezing out the end while filling/pressing and to keep fire out during the shell burst. I have a bunch of tubes I bought from Ned G and his are simply pre-crimped at one end.