APC Forum

“Hajari” which means “thousands of sparks”

BengalFlair

“Hajari” or “Hajara” is a special type of torch and quite popular in some parts of India. It can be lighted by holding in hand but you must have to stay on upper level than the spark forming surface. Made some on Diwali and you can see it in the following video which was the last firework.

Looks like a fountain made out of thermite.

It wasn't a thermite composition! It was actually some modified nitrate strobe like composition with a lot of large cast iron borings or turnings.

Very nice Ben as usual. Did you use Titanium flakes for the fountain?

I use the follwing composition for the 'Hajari rong-moshal' (which literally means a torch that produces a thousand sparks). I also pour some water on the concrete floor to make it wet and help in spreading the stars.

++++++++++++++++++

Barium Nitrate: 6

Iron Turnings: 6

Saltpeter: 1

Magnalium: 2.5

Sulfur: 1

++++++++++++++++++

Maybe Ben can provide a better formula.

Edited by sora
  • Like 1

looks like the deck is trashed now haha

• 2 weeks later...

A different kind of NIAGRA:

Hi

This wasnt made by me but it from Jaipur city in India.

Ben sir can definitely point out the differences in composition.

Doc

• 5 years later...

Waterfall- very simple composition

Ba(Nitrate)- 5

Al flakes-4

Al powder-2

S-2

Please add some BP powder at the end otherwise it will take long time to start burning.

Thakns a lot bengalflair for sharing some fabulous fireworks video and compositions.attachicon.gif ADBAFA97-5A46-4DE6-9D9B-BCC09E64310A.MOV

Can you provide more information on your Al flakes and powder? Sizes? Powder is atomized?

Thanks

Thanks for showing interest SharkWhisperer

Al powder is - 999(<45 micron Al Flake)

Al Flakes or Al Size is about - 5mm to 10mm( I have attached the photo also)post-21934-0-32438100-1602520066_thumb.jpegpost-21934-0-48428800-1602520083_thumb.jpeg

Waterfall- very simple composition

Ba(Nitrate)- 5

Al flakes-4

Al powder-2

S-2

Please add some BP powder at the end otherwise it will take long time to start burning.

Thakns a lot bengalflair for sharing some fabulous fireworks video and compositions. ADBAFA97-5A46-4DE6-9D9B-BCC09E64310A.MOV

Wow!!! Nice and simple....

Since it is made by "Al" , there is no problem of storing.As you know "Fe" containing "Hajari" has the problem of storing, it should be burn within 24 hr of making...

But I feels rate of burning is little bit of fast, overall it is fantastic.

Thanks...For sharing the "Hajari" like composition containing Al...

Wow!!! Nice and simple....

Since it is made by "Al" , there is no problem of storing.As you know "Fe" containing "Hajari" has the problem of storing, it should be burn within 24 hr of making...

But I feels rate of burning is little bit of fast, overall it is fantastic.

Thanks...For sharing the "Hajari" like composition containing Al...

Correct, you can store it for 1yr or 2yr in dry place( in paper tube as form of rongmoshal or as a mixed composition). So many times I have used it after one year( residues of last yr kalipuja)