APC Forum

Thank You!

BurritoBandito

Thank you to everyone who volunteered items and bided in the auction, and a very big thank you to Dagabu. Words fail me.

Dagabu, in spite of the fact that we've never actually met, you've been such a good friend to me. You organized this auction, donated to it, and made bids on items that others put up. You have been through so much, and even while dealing with surgery and recovery you've demonstrated your altruism by sacrificing your time, tools, money, and labor. Words can't express my gratitude for everything you've done for me. I hope to one day meet you, so that I might shake your hand and thank you in person.

Mumbles, I'd like to thank you for allowing this auction on your forum, and for going out of your way to make a separate section specifically dedicated to it. I'd also like to thank you for providing this resource to us all, and doing such an excellent job moderating it. Thank you.

Dagabu, FlaMtnBkr, Jakenbake, Eekamouse, Bobosan, Rogeryermaw, Wildcherryxoxo, Ddewees, and Nater, without you guys generously donating your own personal tools and chemicals this auction would not have even been possible. I really appreciate the fact that you all have been willing to help me out. It really means a lot to me. Thank you all.

Nater, Eekamouse, Jakenbake, Rogeryermaw, Dagabu, Bobosan, TSO, MWJ, VaterAraignee, Wildcherryxoxo, Mumbles, Bota, Gregh, pyroMIKE, ChuckD, Ddewees, and Alpinecb, I'm thankful for each of you making bids on the auction. I know that several of you made bids on items you didn't even want or need. There are also some of you whom I've never even spoken to. You've all been tremendously helpful. Without your bids the auction would've been a fruitless effort. Some of you were out bided, and didn't receive any items, but the thought was still there, as is my gratitude. Thank you.

There are some of you who's name appear more than once in this post, because you fall into multiple categories, and others who I may have left out. If I didn't list you here I'm sorry. Please accept my extended thanks to you as well.

This forum has been a great source of knowledge to me. I'd never have expected you all to pull together to assist me in the way that you have. APC is the first forum of any sort that I've ever joined, and I'm happy I did. I've made some very good friends here, and there are some really terrific, and very knowledgable people at here at APC.

My post in this thread is not sufficient for doing justice to the level of respect and appreciation I have for you all. If there's ever anything I can do for any of you, please let me know. I hope the opportunity to return the favor never arises, but know that if any of you ever fall victim to the perils of our hobby, I will be there for you.

Michael

• Like 2

It's really been my pleasure on all accounts. Dag is really the one that got this together and made it run smoothly. I just clicked a few buttons. My only regret is not being able to help out more. I was actively trying to get something to contribute, but nothing panned out. I sincerely hope you hang around and the money we raised helps you out at least a little.

• Like 1

You're welcome, but all I did was get a great tool at a great price.

I'd like to also throw kudos out there(no, not the African antelope) to everyone who donated materials, they are the ones who made this all happen through their generosity!

• Like 1

Forgive my gushing here, when Mum was hurt it broke my heart, I have met him in real life and I was impressed with his character and demeanor so the injuries he had, felt personal to me. When I was injured, I could feel the pain in his private messages and posts, not a lot was said but in brothers with burns, a lot of unspoken hurts are shared in few words.

BurritoBandito got it worse than either of us, he lost part of his hand as well as the support from family along with overwhelming bills from his medical and therapy.

There is no possible way I could not do anything, we are family, both in pyro and as burn survivors. We take care of our own and sacrifice what we have to carry our family through. I will give what I can and I expect you all to do likewise. Afterall, it may be you coming here next with a similar story and to be ignored or shunned would be devastating so we do this for ourselves as well to remind us of our frailty, to be humble and honor those injured.

Thank you all, for looking, bidding, donating and posting ridiculous nonsense that makes us all laugh.

I am happy to have you all as my pyro family and to have Mum and BurritoBandito as brothers.

Dave

• Like 3

I'm just miffed i was to slow. I was sitting here watching the auction for 4 pumps, intending to quote VatarAraignee's dark/light post, bidding a 100, and ask if he was going to let the light win out over darkness. And then Mumbles stole my thunder! I knew i shouldn't have waited that long. No matter, i wouldn't have won it regardless, eekAmouse took it even further after i went to bed. But in all honesty, i'm just glad the community comes together like this.

B!

• Like 1

BB, Dag, Mumbles,

You guys have done more to keep me safe in this hobby then you will ever know. Thanks to every one on this forum for sharing with all of us!

Charles

(Number one lurker :)....)

• Like 1

I'm just miffed i was to slow. I was sitting here watching the auction for 4 pumps, intending to quote VatarAraignee's dark/light post, bidding a 100, and ask if he was going to let the light win out over darkness. And then Mumbles stole my thunder! I knew i shouldn't have waited that long. No matter, i wouldn't have won it regardless, eekAmouse took it even further after i went to bed. But in all honesty, i'm just glad the community comes together like this.

B!

What did Mum win?

Edited by dagabu

Nothing, he just wanted to place the same bid like mumbles on the 4 pumps, but waited too long. Nevertheless sneaky eekAmouse dropped in a higher bid in the last seconds

Indeed as Schroedinger says. And truth be told, it's not like i need / use pumps, wanting to drop a 100 was specificly to challenge on this:

My dark side says "Let the van break down, so we can stop using cookie cutters and play-doh extruders, you can walk to work a few weeks."
My light side says "If I can scrape up more cash, I'll out bid myself, but I hope this package hits at least $100 and if it does, I'll donate my initial bid."

All in good natured fun spirit, of course. Since eekAmouse dropped a last second bid i hope he's actually wanting them to be used, which makes a lot more sense. I wish him the very best of luck.

B!

Michael,

Im glad I could help someone in this community out. I might not have the knowledge to share much info yet into what brings us here, but everyone made it easy to give back in my quest to find all this stuff everyone keeps talking about.

I hope for nothing but the best in your recovery so you can come through much stronger.

-Eek

• Like 1

Hey..is there a PP account or a fund out there for this? Yeah...I'm pretty much out of the hobby, but Lord knows it COULD have been me as well as anyone. I'd like to toss a few bucks into the pot...

• Like 1

YES! All gifts go through me, coldfire11@msn.com, send as a gift, include from whom, to whom, etc so it all gets accounted for and sent our right away.

There will be another fund raiser for BB as well over at Fireworking but I want BB to get some exposure over there before I pull the trigger on the one.

Dave

• Like 1

BTW- The first check goes out this week. If you have any gifts, payments etc, please do so today or tomorrow, I would like to get things moving ASAP.

• Like 1

Maybe you can start a list of stuff to be sent, and whether is has been paid for yet or not. Kind of like Ned did... it made it very easy to follow along with, and showed how everyone was taking care of things in a timely manner.

Just a suggestion.

Also, people can post when they receive it... and you can include that info too.

Edited by ddewees

That all will be done as promised, I work about 10 hours a day and volunteer as well, this auction is in my "spare time" and it may move slowly at times. Relax everyone, we will get it done, be patient. :ph34r:

That all will be done as promised, I work about 10 hours a day and volunteer as well, this auction is in my "spare time" and it may move slowly at times. Relax everyone, we will get it done, be patient. :ph34r:

I see a spreadsheet in Dag's future. ;)

Already done, just needs to be populated. I am open to volunteers as well. I leave next Tuesday for a week to attend the World Burn Congress, I will not be doing anything but the convention in that time, if anybody wants to jump in and do the shipping organizing, PM me.

Dave

You have mail Dave... :{) Thanks for doing this.

B!

The challenge was met the light wins so the my bid was donated. I wish I could give more.
  • Like 1

The challenge was met the light wins so the my bid was donated. I wish I could give more.

Your a better man then i am. My total donation for anything at all this year, unless counting gifts to IRL friends towards a "good goal" is so far a big fat zero. I do pay church tax, if that counts... (Only coz i haven't bothered sending in the paperwork NOT to pay it, yet. The state taxes you and pay it to the church, unless you say otherways.)

B!

You all did a great job raising funds for Burrito Bandito!

We hit the $1000.00 mark with all auctions paid so far. There are a couple out there that have yet to be resolved but will with time. I will send the go-getter tooling and the pumps out Friday.

• Like 1

Indeed, thank you all again. Especially you Dave.

Got a package ready and nowhere to send?