APC Forum

boobytraps composition

paplik

Hallo boys,

I need to know what the composition is in the boobytraps. Somewhere I read that potassium ferricyanide + KCLO3. I got so potassium ferricyanide, I mixed it with KCLO3 30:70 but the resulting composition is almost no friction sensitive. I plan to use friction composition in airsoft grenades.
Please help with this composition.
Thank you paplik.

I would re-think your plan. You want to make a super sensitive composition to make some type of grenade? If you aren't careful you might be more successful than you wish.

Do you want to make a smoke grenade?

You do see the word cyanide in your chemical correct? It is very poisonous and not a common pyro ingredient. I would ask here before you try anything else you read on the internet. Bit of an oxymoron.

I believe it is Armstrong's mixture. I wouldn't recommend messing with that stuff. What is it that you're wanting to make? There are bound to be safer alternatives to mixtures that are so friction sensitive. If you tell us what your goal is then we can help you find a safer option.

Edit: FlaMtnBkr beat me to the punch.

Edited by BurritoBandito

Airsoft grenades? You really should reconsider playing around with these sorts of things.

You might get some advices further in this thread. I highly recommend you to follow them, as these guys know what they're talking about (some even too well).

Well most bobbytraps i know of use a secondary explosive initiated by a primary one. Nothing you want to mess with, if you have to ask that question

I am sorry for insufficient question.

I need friction composition in pull igniter to airsoft granade. I hope thet you understand me.

So. I maked an armstrong mixture. It is OK in friction igniter, but the red phosporus not avaible for me.

After that i maked a friction composition whith KCLO3, mercury fuminate, Sb2S3, glass powder and shellac. The composition looks good but it work only in wire pull igniter. I need a system which is in the children bobbytrap (it is an explosing cord. I want it say in english bobbytrap, but i am not sure)

And i find on the internet that in the bobbytrap is KCLO3 and K3FeCN6 and sand. I buy a K3FeCN6, and maked this mixture but it does not work.

I need to make this mixture ony one gram in one batch. It is not dangerous in this amount.

PS: K3FeCN6 is not toxic as a powder. it is toxic only, when you mixing this whith acid. After that it is starting release a tozxic gass, but it is not my plan :)

I hope it is understandable.

Thank you for you answer.

I am sorry for my english. It is very bad and i know it.

Edited by paplik

This question comes up often it seems, do people really go throw real explosives at each other in the woods?

What is the problem with carrying a micro butane torch and using a more standard safety fuse? Both operations take two hands.. I dont know.

You should consult F.A.S.T for more friction sensitive compositions, red phos. is basically impossible to get, but there are close alternatives that should suit you, if you choose to go that route.

In my opinion, trying to build a grenade with friction-sensitive igniter, is next to asking for trouble.

I would think, one of the safest ways to achieve that, is a simple solution with a match and matchbox tied together real tight.

That being said, I have made airsoft-grenades as well. Although not boobytraps, but as a simple BP-launch from a tube. Size handheld ;)

For boobytrapping, I would propably think more of a system with 2 (or more) ingredients, that reacts instantly and gets mixed when the trap is set off.

However, I do not have any clue as to what those ingredients should be. I can think of many possible options; all of them individually hazardous.

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/3755-pull-ignitor/?do=findComment&comment=93866

I would highly recommend doing something like this. No dangerous chemicals and fairly straight forward.

But I don't think I would carry around a device with the friction ignition installed. It either needs some type of safety added but it should be slid onto the fuse a few minutes before use. And ONLY used with smoke type compositions.

If you are building a smoke grenade for airsoft, then just use a pieece of visco, onto this you tie two sticks of match on the left and right side. Give it a couple windings with yarn until everything stays put.

Now take the side of a matchbox and stick it half way throug a key ring and fold it over.

Now you insert the two matches and the visco inside the folded matchbox side and add wind a rubber gum around it.

And ready is the pull igniter, without to many problems regarding friction sensity

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I don´t know how it say in english, but i mean this think http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-363528/stock-photo-bunch-of-pull-string-fireworks.html

And i have problem, because i don´t know what composition is inside. I tryed some friction composition, bud no composition work.

Recently i saw pull igniter system in smoke granade, which used pull ignition as a think in reference up.

I try draw, how it in the smokebomb work.

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/gallery/image/2968-bez-nazvu/

is it understandable now?

I want to add pore, a rope (on draw is red) is cotton.

And i want need the friction composition to this igniting system.

Safety matches and striker paper. No need to go further then that. Armstrong's mix will only get you killed. Replace the string in the tube with the striker paper, and the powder with match-heads. Done.

B!

Edited by MrB

Yes, the armstrong mix is unstable and a red phospoure is hydroscopic. I am not going to make the armstrong mix, In my imagine up i don´t use armstrong mix, but i search alternative mixture, which is in comercial children explosive string.

It is reas, what i can use potassium ferricyanide, because i read somewhere that it use in children pull string.

I don´t want used safety match and striker paper igniter, because it is very amateur and unprofessional solutions, and it work quite unreliably.

It's 99% certain that there is Armstrong's mix, or something equally unstable in the children's toys.

I don't know about your argument that match-heads and striker paper being "unprofessional" but it is indeed an amateur solution. If you were doing things professionally you'd use glass pearls, red phosphor, and coiled copper wire.

I fail to see how it makes a difference. In the case of "sensitive mix" or "safety matches and striker paper" your going to have the exact same experience on the outside. You pull on a run, to which a string is attached. The string pulls out, and a hissing is heard as it takes fire. Your done. The striker paper isn't going anywhere, it remains inside the unit, the string comes of after the work is done.

But your free to do it anyway you like. Have fun. (I refuse to say "have a blast" since i foresee some sensitive mixes in your future, and i wont encourage anyone to blowing their hands of, just coz they find a safe solution "amateurish".

B!

quote.....paplik....."It is reas, what i can use potassium ferricyanide, because i read somewhere that it use in children pull string..."

do you have a reference for this ?

Airsoft grenade with an explosive? HELL NO. It is not the dumbest idea in the world but it is pretty fucking stupid.

There are already mass produced airsoft grenades and they have been known to hurt people. Guess what, the use citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, and water for the burst charge. Stick with that, it isnt exactly safe, but it is magnitudes safer.

• Like 1

quote.....paplik....."It is reas, what i can use potassium ferricyanide, because i read somewhere that it use in children pull string..."

do you have a reference for this ?

Yes, but it is in another language

http://pyroforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1784&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=krevn%ED&start=0

Somebody there write, the pottasium fericianide and pottasium chlorate is sensitive to friction. in czech pottasium fericianide has slangly name (red bood salt).

But the member who write this composition doesn´t tested it.

To Water Agraignee: Yes of cause, because i don´t wat use in to airsoft gradate, but in airsoft smoke granade.

Edited by paplik

What smoke composition and what type of container?

I may have an idea or two that are simpler, cheaper and just as effective.

Have you checked here yet?

Edit: Or here?

Edited by BurritoBandito

Hey, yes i checked that topic, but i didn´t read the schimizu book. Now i read it, and concluded that the composition whitout red phospoure couldn´t work in friction igniter.

It is a composition in children string crackers from Mr. Schimizu:

KCLO3...................66

Sb2S3 or Sulphur....28

Red Phospoure.......6

+ crushed glass.......14

KCLO3 and Sb2S3 mix together whith a bit of water.Add Red P and again mixing. Add crushed glass and wery carefuly mixing togethet. Now dry the mixture.

I maked only one gram of the mixture. it isn´t dangerous when you mixing composition whith water.

I prefer this composition mix 50:50 whith black powder, that it didn´t do BANG! but that it fire a little slowly.

Because the composition contains only 6 percent red P, the compositions is´t hydroscopic.

Thank you for your patience whith me :)