APC Forum

Star Pumps

nater

Up for the auction I have 2 star pumps from California Pyro.

1/2" Cavity Star pump with a hole drilled through. I do not have the pin for it, a tooth pick or a piece of a bamboo skewer will work well.

Cavity stars are traditionally pumped from a charcoal streamer comp and dried. The cavity is filled with a bright, contrasting color. The dried comet is pasted in similar to a crosette. The effect is a long duration color changing comet, good for candles and cylinder shells.

Also up for auction is a 1/4" star pump. This is good for testing small amounts of stars for a small mine or rocket heading. If you are patient, you could certainly pump hundreds of microstars for a shell.

Free shipping to the lower 48 US.

post-9966-0-92272800-1412045237_thumb.jpg

Edited by nater

Thank you Nater!

Starting bid of $15 for both pumps.

**Addition to Pumps**

If you agree: Nate, send them first class to me and I will face them, shine them and get the scratches out plus make a brass pin for the one pump and add a brass "tit" to the cavity pump if the winner wants, for crossettes. I will cover shipping to the winner CONUS via first class mail.

What a generous offer Dag. I will get them mailed to you this week in a padded envelope.

Dag is extremely generous. He's done so much for me already. There's no way I'll ever be able to repay him for everything. Thanks again Dag.

Dag is extremely generous. He's done so much for me already. There's no way I'll ever be able to repay him for everything. Thanks again Dag.

Stop being so gushy BB!!! :P

Seriously, your efforts spilled over to Fireworking and the proceeds chopped off a full 1/4 of our debt!!!! I cant wait to get this going over there and see what they come with as well. I felt bad last time that we couldn't let all the people over here involved too so I started here.

Dave

That is a mighty nice offer Dag. Whoever ends up winning them will be pleased, I'm sure. :D

Stop being so gushy BB!!! :P

:lol:

I'll bid $17.00 for them

Edited by MWJ

$25 plus shipping.

Dagabu, your offer for the value add is enough that any bidder should feel some hella guilt if they let you fork out shipping ontop of it.

$25 plus shipping.

Dagabu, your offer for the value add is enough that any bidder should feel some hella guilt if they let you fork out shipping ontop of it.

No guilt at all VA, my pleasure! I got some goodies I am throwing in as well. I know a guy that makes 3/4" and 1" pumps as well, he is making a few this weekend, once I get the pumps from Nater, we might get a few more bids on this package!

No guilt at all VA, my pleasure! I got some goodies I am throwing in as well. I know a guy that makes 3/4" and 1" pumps as well, he is making a few this weekend, once I get the pumps from Nater, we might get a few more bids on this package!

My dark side says "Let the van break down, so we can stop using cookie cutters and play-doh extruders, you can walk to work a few weeks."

My light side says "If I can scrape up more cash, I'll out bid myself, but I hope this package hits at least $100 and if it does, I'll donate my initial bid."

hmmmm...going to "pump" up the bid to $27.00 on these.

I am adding a 3/4" and 1" standard pump to the auction as well, pin holes and ends (cavity, crossette (non cruciform) or flat) are winners choice, that makes FOUR pumps!

Bid, Bid, Bid! Less than 12 hours left!!!!!

Edited by dagabu

ouch! That rock is hard! :P $55

• 2 weeks later...
Any questions? Post them here, I will do my best to answer them. In California thus week, see you all Monday.