APC Forum

where to buy pre- mixed flash powder?

JUSTIN

I used to make my own fireworks as a little hobby when i had the time then i just quit doing it. I used to make some "boom-sticks" with flash powder and I always had fun with those I'd light them off with friends and give them to friends. Recently a friend of a friend was selling some for $25 a piece then I thought to my self hes getting that much money for those I can makes those my self for cheaper and sell them for cheaper. When I made these before I could buy the flash powder here in town but now i cant find it any where. Does anyone know where I can find a good quality premade flash mix online. I appreciate your help I might have a small fortune on my hands.

Thats quite illegal.

Also no one on this whole forum will help you. FYI.

I don't know silentbob I think I'll help him.

It is no longer possible to find pre-made flash powder, especially online. What you want to do is go to home depot or lowes. Then buy some plaster of paris and potassium salt for water softeners. Mix them in a 4:5 ratio in boiling water. Then let it cool. It will form a tan chunk when dry. Then ball mill that or put it in a coffee grinder to make it extra fine. Now you have awesome flash powder, much better than the perchlorate, chlorate, nitrate, or permanganate based flash mixes.

The reason it is not used often is because it requires an extreme amount of activation energy. The best thing to do is put the flash in your "boom-sticks" and then get key shavings (which are a copper magnesium alloy) and put them at the end where your ordinary visco or black match enters the salute. It will light the magnesium alloy burning intensley hot and lighting the plaster of paris flash.

All of this can be easily found if you would have done a search. Please do a search next time, and this time. Please reply with your imminent success.