APC Forum

Fundraiser Auction For BurritoBandito

dagabu

Our good friend Mike (BurritoBandito) was hurt two and a half months ago when his ball mill exploded causing burns and the amputation of one of his pinky fingers. Just like you would imagine, the bills are coming due and he is hurting to keep up. I am not asking for donations here, I will set up a GiveForward fund next week when I have use of both hands.

Instead, I am asking you all to look through your stuff and offer something to an auction here, starting as soon as something is posted and ending October 10th at midnight. Here are the guidelines for how this works:

-Post an item along with pictures if available as a reply, open bidding will continue until midnight (Central time USA) on the 10th. The winner will send me a check or gift to paypal in the amount of the winning bid and the person offering the item will pay for the shipping within reason (overseas winners may need to contribute).

-I will email the winners address to the person offering the auction item, once the items are all paid for, a check will be sent to BB.

-I will keep a list of all items and will update them every few days, no PM or emails please, everything gets posted in this thread as an open auction.

HERE WE GO!

Dave

• Like 1

(Humbled) Thank you Dagabu.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate everything you all are doing for me. I'm honored to have such a terrific group of friends here at APC.

I suppose those offering up their stuff for auctions does. Or Dagabu will have to go back in after the thread ends on the 10'th, and make a "score board" of sorts.

B!

Need to get some action going here. I'm going to lowball bid $30 on the 3/4 go-getter tooling and hoping someone wants to outbid me. Not that I wouldn't mind getting it for that initial bid, however, I know it's worth more.

edit - p.s. who is keeping tally?

I will be keeping the tally once we see some movement and will update it in the evenings. Thank you for the bid!

I never look in this section of the site and just happened to look in. Maybe some stickies in other forums would get more traffic?

I will see if I have anything I can round up. Would probably be chemicals of some sort.

I never look in this section of the site and just happened to look in. Maybe some stickies in other forums would get more traffic?

I will see if I have anything I can round up. Would probably be chemicals of some sort.

Thank you FlaMtnBkr. I really appreciate everyone's involvement here.

To keep things organized, I think I'll just make a temporary section over the weekend. That way we can go 1 thread per item/lot, and make things a lot easier to keep track of. If I get to it soon, it wont be much trouble to move everything where it needs to be. I unfortunately don't have time to take care of it today.

I can put it somewhere more noticeable more easily that way as well.

Wow! Thank you Mumbles.

Counting today, there are only ten days to go! I know you all have stuff you have never even used sitting on the shelf, give it some new life, help a pyro buddy, make yourself feel good! Donate and bid!

Dave

Just a reminder that all auctions end at midnight (Central Time USA) on the 10th (11:59:59). Donaters are responsible for shipping unless specified in the offering.

Please bid again or donate!

Dave

Thanks Dag!

Thank you all for helping BB out, I will be putting the list together this weekend unless someone else with some time on their hands would like to do so for me? The winner will be posted on each page as well as on this page, I will contact them, they will send the money to me and I will contact the donor to send the item once the money is received.

Questions? Ask them here on this page please.

Dave

Will shipping charges be decided on a case by case basis or are the winners to cover the shipping? Also will there be options on courier service or is it usps cough(sux rectum)cough? Edited by rogeryermaw

Will shipping charges be decided on a case by case basis or are the winners to cover the shipping? Also will there be options on courier service or is it usps cough(sux rectum)cough?

Thanks for the question, it was already answered in another thread but here it is again:

FlaMtnBkr donations only: Winner pays all shipping as well as the auction ending bid price. FlaMtnBkr will post or PM the shipping charge and that will be added to the final bid, that nmoney will be sent to me and I will pay FlaMtnBkr the shipping.

All the rest: The donor is responsible for all shipping as well as the item donated. They choose the shipper and type. PM them if there is a consideration you would like but please, don't let shipping become a burden.

I will ship USPS only, (sorry rogeryermaw) via First Class and Priority where necessary.

It's groovy my homie. I'm sure they operate more efficiently in more civilized parts of the country.

And thank you for the detailed response. More than answers any question I had.

Edited by rogeryermaw